Monday, May 6, 2013

I Believe...

I believe that it will all be okay.
Really.
As a middle-schooler, things are often stressful and confusing. No, scratch that. Things are ALWAYS stressful and confusing.

This year, I can't count how many times I've cried during school because I was stressed, or scared because I didn't understand something, or nervous, or embarrassed, or hurt. And I cannot count how many times I've hated myself for crying, for showing my feelings. I don't want people to think I'm unstable...that I can't handle everyday situations. Isn't it better to keep it bottled inside than to have people worried about you?
But sometimes you just...CAN'T. You can't keep it bottled inside.
Maybe you can't pretend that everything's fine.

Then you look back. And maybe you chuckle at how you were overreacting, it was a misunderstanding, just an "off-day". Even if one situation seems like the end of the world...it usually isn't.
Like my grandmother used to say, "There's sunshine around every corner."

....Even YOURS.

3 comments:

  1. APPLAUSE, CHEERS, WOO-HOOS, AND ANY OTHER KUDOS POSSIBLE, INSERT THEM HERE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandmother is a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete